Because of the new law effective December 1st 2009 (FTC),
The FTC will require that writers on the Web clearly disclose any freebies or payments they get from companies for reviewing their products.
I am posting this disclosure as an all encompassing disclaimer, and will not be posting a disclosure on every review/tour I host.
- I receive books to review from various publishers and authors for free. To see where I received a specific book, go to my reviews and find the book. The source is listed beside it in parentheses. Click here to see my list of regular suppliers.
- After I review them, the books I receive are used as prizes for giveaways, given to my local library (NBCCPL), brought to my used book store The Next Chapter Books, or kept in my own collection.
- Everything posted on this blog is my opinion (save guest posts, guest reviews, and interviews). I always post my 100% honest opinion.
- I am never paid to write a review, and will not accept exchange of any kind for a review. The only thing I ever get is the product itself. If I received the book as a prize from a contest, I may have gotten some other item with it (like a prize pack) but this is not compensation.
- I am a Christian (Baptist, nondenominational) so my general world-view is different than many people. My faith may or may not influence my review, depending on the book (example: it won’t influence YA fiction, but will influence a self-help or parenting book.).
- I reserve the right to post whatever I want about whatever I review on this blog, because of my rights as a U.S. Citizen, which include Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press.
- I reserve the right to post a negative review.
- I reserve the right not to review a book I requested or received.
- I reserve the right to post a blog post that has nothing to do with books on this blog.
For more information or for questions, please contact me.
Haley V. Mathiot
Haley V. Mathiot