Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Online Summer Reading Challenge

So, I sort of forgot to sign up for challenges this winter, what with being so busy. This is a short challenge for late May through early August.

Read 10 books, one from each of the following categories:

  1. Crime, thriller, or adventure
  2. Historical Fiction
  3. Novel In Verse
  4. Chick Flick
  5. Paranormal
  6. Classic (100 years old or more)
  7. Humor/non-fiction
  8. Dystopian
  9. On the Beach
  10. General Summer themed

For each category you complete, you get 1 point. After you finish all the categories, you can get extra points in any of the others by reading extra books.

At the end of the challenge there will be a drawing. There will be 1 grand prize and 2 small prizes.  The prize packs:

Small prize packs:
2 ARCs, and a $5 gift card to Amazon.com

Grand Prize:
4 ARCs and a $10 gift card to Amazon.com

ARCS up for grabs:

13638091

And I'll probably add to the list… I've got more at home!

Rules:

  1. One category per book. If your book is a paranormal crime novel, it only counts for one of those categories, not both.
  2. To qualify for the small prize, you must sign up and read at least 3 books.
  3. To qualify for the grand prize, you must complete all 10.
  4. Must be a full length novel, not a short story or a poem. (Obviously the novel in verse is a poem, but it has to be a full length novel-poem.)
  5. You don't have to have a blog, but you do have to review the book (or at least tell me if you liked it, and why or why not). Link your review in the comments with the title of the book, the category, and how many points it puts you at. (you can wait until the very end to link them all if you feel so inclined.) You can post the review on your blog, amazon, goodreads, librarything, or anywhere else you can think of.
  6. Leave comments to keep track of your points. comment to enter, comment with links to the reviews, and please try to keep track of your points so I don't have to do too much math…
  7. You can make a list of the books you want to read, but you don't have to, and you can change it.
  8. You can start signing up now, but only books read from 5/4/2012—8/18/2012 count!

Get started by posting about this challenge and grab a button and put it on your sidebar as a picture, link this post as the URL, and leave a comment

srp1srp2srp3

 

Here's my list:

  1. Fantasy or Urban Fantasy: Shadows Before the Sun
  2. Historical Fiction: Redeeming Love
  3. Novel In Verse: Tricks
  4. Chick Flick: The Next Best Thing
  5. Paranormal: White Cat
  6. Classic: Paris Underground
  7. Humor/non-fiction: Nightlight
  8. Dystopian: Mockingjay
  9. On the Beach: We'll Always Have Summer
  10. Summer themed:  What Happened to Goodbye

Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I think I'll start.

    ReplyDelete

I do not delete comments because of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press, but please think carefully over what you say. I don't want to change this policy unless I have to.

I will not publish spam comments.

I love your comments, they make my day a little brighter! Thank you!

Copyright

All content is property of Haley Mathiot except where otherwise noted.

No reviews may be copied or reprinted except to quote, or with permission.

FTC

I do not post a disclosure on every blog post, I post them beside the title on my Reviews page. Click here for my Disclaimer. See Sources to see my suppliers of review copies.